A Year in Pohnpei

My Life as an Student Missionary in Micronesia

Monday, April 5, 2010

Growing up in God


I set aside my diapers - I thought I was grown up
I got my very own bank account - I thought I was grown up
I began high school - I thought I was grown up
I received my driver's license - I thought I was grown up
I passed my golden birthday - I was sure now I was grown up
I graduated from high school - I thought I was grown up
I began my freshman year at University - I thought I was grown up
I finished my freshman year in University - I thought I was grown up
I turned 20 - I thought I was grown up
I'm finishing my SOPHOMORE year in University - Now I know, I'm still not grown up

Ever since I was little I've always been reaching towards the next "event or milestone" in my life. High school, getting my license, graduations, sports events, birthdays, university) the list goes on. I always thought that once I reached that next big thing, that was it. I would have my life together. I would be "GROWN UP". A mature adult. But every time I pass one of those milestones I see one more ahead. I see I still have so much to learn. So much to experience. I never feel fully prepared for what lies ahead. But that's where I make my mistake. I will never feel prepared on my own to face life's challenges. In the big things and the little things my life required God. In every aspect of me, there within HE should be. I will never feel like a GROWN UP, cause I'll always be growing. Same with my spiritual life. God always has something to teach me. I will ever continually be GROWING UP IN christ, spiritually. So I pray Lord will always be teaching me. Guiding me. cause I still feel like a child sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment