A Year in Pohnpei

My Life as an Student Missionary in Micronesia

Friday, May 7, 2010

Kindness and a Kleenex


"ACHOO!"

I shielded my face from the sneeze of the man in front of me on the escalator. "Bless you" said a woman behind me. He then continued to chat on his cell phone.
This happened three or four times in the span of time I spent behind him on the stairs.

It happens every day. A sneeze and a polite response. "Bless you"
But what the lady did in the next few minutes let me know there is still kindness in this world today.
Reaching the top of the escalator the man quickly began to go on his way still chatting on his cell phone. He seemed to be in a bit of a hurry and frazzled. The lady behind me called out to him, "Sir" and he seemed not to hear her. She walked quickly to him and again said "sir". He turned around and she handed him a Kleenex tissue. "Here, I thought you might need one", She said with a smile and then was just as quickly on her way. He said "thank you" and hurried on his way.

l smiled to myself. How even little acts of kindness do not go unnoticed. I noticed the woman's kind gesture that day in the airport. She'll never know that it touched my heart or that I was blessed by her ever so small act of kindness.

What act of kindness will you do today? Do you think it goes unnoticed, think again. Someone behind you on the escalator might notice and be touched. Go, be blessed:)

No comments:

Post a Comment