A Year in Pohnpei

My Life as an Student Missionary in Micronesia

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The "LIST"


I'm reading this book called "the list" by marian jordan...(ladies, GREAT book I recommend it to YOU!)

It's talking all about girl's hopeless life "lists" and when we all stop and admit it, we all have life lists.
Things we wish to accomplish in our lives by certain milestones or birthdays or markers.
Or we make lists in our future spouses.. whether its a physically written down in black and white or on our hearts minds we have done it at one point in our lives. I mean is it wrong to aspire for high standards and qualities. We are called to not settle. I agree. But are you looking for Christlike qualities OR just looking for a perfect mr. superman. I believe we're ALL human and that we are all God's masterpieces, that are STILL being worked on.
Another LIST in my life is a "I WANT" list.

I want this, I want that.


Top of my list right now is a road bike. then a car.
These things all have one thing in common. MATERIAL possession. Selfish ambitions.
Somehow I think if I have that next great thing then I'll be happy. BUT WILL I? Have you ever wanted something for a long time and when you finally did get it, it wasn't as exciting or great as you thought? You thought that just this ONE more thing would make you happy. That one pair of shoes, that one set of clothes, that one BIKE.....always looking ahead to find joy. I often think when I'm in better shape i'll be happy....loose those few more pounds...be faster...be better at that sport....THEN i'll be HAPPY. But God does not want us to always live for tomorrow. A lesson I have yet to learn!! We can have JOY now! Joy is not found in this world or in any material possessions! That the lie that satan wants us all to believe. If we could cross ONE MORE thing off our list our lives would be better. IT'S ALL LIES!
great quotes..
JOY is not found in some future state; it is available now for those of us willing to make the exchange! The secret of life is not found in consuming but in being consumed by a passion for God- marian jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment