A Year in Pohnpei

My Life as an Student Missionary in Micronesia

Friday, August 12, 2011

Heaven on Earth



We were given three points in Student Missions class to always remember as we travel around and live in our respective ares of the world. Where you are going is NOT heaven, it's NOT hell, Its not a haven and its not home. However I beg to differ. As I spend more and more time here I am finding pieces of heaven on earth. This place is nothing like home but it is showing me a lot about myself and what I held as my preconceived ideas. Sitting in the Youth Sabbath school I was met with a little heaven on earth listening to those young people sing. They are incredible and they way they can harmonize gives me chills. I use to think that I was coming here to be a blessing BUT I am being shown every day that this place and the people are blessing me. WE drive through the jungle and on every side I see poverty and despair. The living conditions that people have here can be appalling yet they have such great faith. such a joy that they have shared with each and every SM here. So can heaven come down to earth? Yes it can. To me it comes in the voices of the people here in Pohnpei. It comes in their smiles, in their hugs, in their waves. Its a piece of heaven on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment