A Year in Pohnpei

My Life as an Student Missionary in Micronesia

Sunday, March 21, 2010

BEST FRIENDS


See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. 1 John 3:1



Have you ever been afraid to refer to someone as your "BEST friend", especially face to face to them?
What if you're not THEY don't consider you their best friend?
What if they only consider you a "GOOD" friend?
It would be a one way street, you would be embarrassed.

I use to think that way.

I didn't want to write to someone, in a card,
to my best friend,

in case they didn't feel that way about me or their "BEST" friend was someone else.

But it's just the plain truth. To me you are my best friend.
Whether you feel that way or not its true.

Christ is not afraid to call us his BEST FRIENDS.
EVEN if its not recipricated back to him. We may not feel he's our best friend but he calls us that anyways.
He's not ashamed, so neither should we be! Call him by his rightful name,
BEST FRIEND, FATHER, SAVIOR, KING, CREATOR, SAVIOR, PRINCE OF PEACE!!!!!
How amazing is that!
You are the creator of the universe, savior of all, His BEST FRIEND.
Not only does he call you his bestie, your his child, his very own!!

So even though you may not consider him so, he's not afraid to tell the universe that you mean the world to Him.
He's the best friend you could ever ask for,
and with arms stretched open wide, and nailed to a cross he proved this to you.
So go ahead. Tell someone their your best friend. Don't be shy.

John 15:15 As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ.
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment