
Ever wonder why somethings come so easy to other people.
There's the athletically gifted classmate who you can't stand to watch as they effortlessly blow past you in the 100m dash.
The girl who never seems to study but somehow seems to get straight A's.
The guy who has no stage fright and just sings melodious songs of blessings every time he steps on stage.
Your friend who can perform a skill you'll never be able to dream of trying. (my specific struggle this week:(
Somethings really come easy to other people who seem more skilled then we are...
There is a skit on youtube done by onetimeblind called "More Coke"
This skit can take the words right out of my mouth sometimes as I seem to be jealous those around me.
Jesus gives a girl a small bottle of coke (for my purposes I say sprite!) but he gives another guy a bigger bottle and so on until the girl gets so mad that everyone else is getting better "gifts" then her.
There's also a story I use to read all the time when I was little in a book of the Bierenstien bears called "Green-eyed monster", all about a sister who is miserable in the jealousy she has of her brother's better birthday gifts.
Sometimes I get so caught up in other people gifts I completely ignore God's plan for me. Have you ever really thought about all the potential you have in Christ? It may not be upfront, center stage but someone's gotta work backstage too:) My mom always reminds me to stop looking at other but to look to Jesus. He's the only one who can help us use what we have, great or small. I have a not stuck to the top of my mirror that reminds me to do just that. "Turn your eyes upon Jesus" I just have to keep reminding myself that!
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2
So what are you going to do with your "gift of sprite" today?? whether its a small 20oz or a whole liter it's for you to use to the best of your ability.
No comments:
Post a Comment