Oh how much more you appreciate home when you are forced to live so far away.
I didn't realize how much I really missed home till I find myself here right now, surronded my amazing family.
I look around the room and see the love and smiles and realize how much I miss at school.
I miss sitting down with my uncle and watching a hockey game, that the leaf are most likely going to loose,
or sitting on my grandmas lap pretending to be two again and literally squishing the air right out of her,
or playing games with the family and laughing so hard we're rolling on the floor in pain,
or driving to an old classmates house to catch up and see some long lost friends,
or seeing my baby cousin for the first time,
or laying in my old bed looking at the AWESOME yellow walls,
or hearing my parents talk in the other room while I fall asleep,
or sleeping in till 10 and going upstairs to an amazing breakfast prepared with love just for me,
or just watching my family as they talk, laugh and joke with one another over tea and cheese lol.
Yes, it's good to be home. Why do we always have to say goodbye, It's like we're always getting together just to leave again. Oh what a day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see. When every tear shall be wiped away. No more goodbyes. Did I mention I hate goodbyes......well I do. But for now on this cruel, sin-filled earth we shall just part again.
For now I'll enjoy it. While it lasts and hang on till the next time I get to come home to this heaven on earth again, the place I call HOME. (temporary home:)
No comments:
Post a Comment