Have you ever just looked around at everything going on around you in a crowded room or with friends and just really looked at each and every face. Taking in their personalities, laughter, and smiles. It's like a freeze frame in movies when the main characters seem to almost freeze, their thoughts become audible and the audience is brought into their thoughts and feelings of their surroundings. I cannot even count how many times I have done that in this past week. I am on spring break with the Gym-Masters from Southern and we have had an absolute blast touring around Arizona and California, doing shows and programs for academies', high schools, and church groups. We have laughed till it hurt, cried together and simply drawn closer as a team. I seem to stop what I'm doing and just look around at all these amazing people. I watch their joys and see their unique personalities. I just think "how amazing God is for putting these people in my life!" The jokes we have, the times we've shared, the relationships. I can connect with them across the room just by a smile. It's like I'm in an out of body experience and I have separated myself from the experience and simply watch all of these people.
I can't believe that this is really my last year. Last year of being a part of this family. We truly become a family as the year progresses. I will never perform again on these mats. I will never hold Chris in a hand to hand again. I will never have the opportunity to fly with strong guys:) lol. A lot of lasts and I'm trying so hard to freeze these moments so I can hold onto them forever. I want to be able to stay in this spot for eternity. But then I think. ETERNITY. That's what we have to look forward too. No longer will I have to worry about having to say goodbye again. Goodbye to amazing people in my life, not knowing when we will see each other again. Leaving next year will be hard. Watching everyone move on with their lives back at Southern with Gymmasters and life in general will be difficult so I'm trying so hard to enjoy these people now. Let's not lie to ourselves, most student missionaries get "forgotten about" speaking in terms. One of my closest friends was gone as a student missionary last year and I can say that I did NOT forget about her and kept in touch as much as possible however things get difficult as you two are living in two VERY different worlds and going through VERY different experiences. You try to relate to one another but the people and places are so drastic. I know that no matter how many promises are thrown around people will move on with their lives and we shall live different lives next year. A growing experience for sure! and I am looking forward to the God growing I will have just not the pain aspect of it. I know I have written about pain and Good-byes before but I can say it again. I hate goodbyes. So one last time I look across this room, take in the scenery and cherish the faces for what seems to be the last time. Each and every one of them are so amazing and I will continue to thank God for the experiences and good times I could share with them and for putting them in my life:) Now I can only look forward to a time when I won't have to worry about leaving them or saying Goodbye. It will be forever and ever an amazing moment with Jesus and these peeps:)
No comments:
Post a Comment