Remember your first day of high school? I sure do. And I was able to relive it all over again on Friday morning as I watched all the freshman and sophomores come into the work room to register for their classes. They would get their schedules made up with Mr. Edward and them come around to all us SM teachers and give us their papers. If our class was circled on their papers we would write them in on our rosters. It was awesome to be able to see our students and get to know them by name and meet some of their parents. There was such a vast difference between the demenior of the freshman and the seniors. Most of the freshman had their moms over their shoulders the whole time not wanting to try and let their little babies go:)
So I feel like there is so much we've done so far I can't even keep track of it all. But its not so much in the huge events but rather in the mundane daily adventures we have here that really stick. The other night we started a tradition of "Brinner". We adopted it from southern with waffle night at the CK. We had all the SM's over to our apartment and we made waffles in effect having Breakfast for dinner and have now named it Wednesday night brinner.
Last night Carly and Michael had a theatrical session for about an hour. We just watched as they entertained us with their humor and witty lines to each other. I have not laughed that hard .....EVER! Our apartment seems to be the hang out place for most of the SM's, although I am starting to think that its just cause we feed people and so they just keep coming back lol.
So i'm ready and waiting for another adventure. It's probably just around the corner.
Love reading your adventures....it's as if we are there with you. Thank you sweetheart for taking the time to write in your blog! Looking forward to following your adventures!
ReplyDeleteRomans 8:28, 37-39!! Love you so much and missing you! MAMAN (only profile that worked for me was anonymous! :-)