"a perfect day can end in rain"
I kinda laughed to myself when I heard this quote however I still acknowledge it's validity. such which validity became my reality.
Without going through every detail of my day which I'm sure no one, including myself would want to hear. I began with a great morning other than my hairdresser not showing up to my appointment. I shrugged it off and went back in the afternoon. Only problem would have to be the fact I technically spent an accumulative of 2 hours instead of one getting my hair cut and dyed. and Just because I want to complain more you can't even see it....ANYWAYS THAT's NOTHING in comparison to what I found out in the afternoon. Not only did I get in trouble for writing with chalk on the promenade (i know that was stupid of me) but I find out my best friend Brittany Jacobson (who has meant the world to me these last few weeks, into month) is struggling through her own mess and I don't know what to do to help her. I felt lost for words of comfort and just looked into her very hurting eyes with nothing to say. How horrible is the feeling of helplessness. How empty it makes one feel and long for words of wisdom. By her being affected I am affected. Just seems like such a perfect, sunny day can end in "emotional rain." the problem when I get overwhelmed with life, with big house sales, with a bad hair cut, with a pile of homework, with teachers breathing down my neck, with friend problems, I tend to just shut down. I give up, throwing my hands up and just wanting to lay in my bed and let the world pass me by. I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't want to do anything. When she comes to me and she struggling I just feel bad for myself. I get angry I can't spend time with her anymore. I get angry that shes going to be so busy. BUT WHO IN THE WORLD am I to call myself her best friend if I just turn everything to feeling bad for myself?! Here she is with a crap-load on her plate and a million things on her mind and tears that won't seem to stop (mentally if not physically). I just want to comfort her. God, can I please see you, can I please hear you. I don't know what to do. How can I talk the talk and not walk the walk. I can't even give my best friend a word of comfort when the tears flow so easily. It reminds me of the song by Francesca Bastielle;
I can’t say that everything’s okay
‘Cause I can see the tears you’re crying
And I can’t promise to take the pain away
But you can know I won’t stop trying
[Chorus]
I’ll be the angel by your side
I will get you through the night
I’ll be the strength you can’t provide on your own
‘Cause when you’re down and out of time
And you think you’ve lost the fight
Let me be the angel
The angel by your side
I know it feels like you’re running out of faith
‘Cause it’s so hard to keep believing
But if I can bring a smile back to your face
If for a moment, you’ll forget all about it
[Chorus]
I’ll be the angel by your side
I will get you through the night
I’ll be the strength you can’t provide on your own
‘Cause when you’re down and out of time
And you think you’ve lost the fight
Let me be the angel
The angel by your side
‘Cause this won’t be the last time
You’ll need a little hope
But I want to be the first to let you know
[Chorus]
I’ll be the angel by your side
I will get you through the night
I’ll be the strength you can’t provide on your own
‘Cause when you’re down and out of time
And you think you’ve lost the fight
Let me be the angel
The angel by your side
How much does our heavenly father feel the same way. We hurt so much. He sees our tears flow freely from our broken hearts. He see how we suffer. But sometimes He must feel helpless as we turn our backs on Him. He wants to wrap His arms around us and tell us it's going to be okay but we just give up. I just give up. I just need those eyes of faith. Those eyes that can see God working in all this. The eyes that see His hands reaching and carrying us through these.
No comments:
Post a Comment